That that don't kill me, can only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now, cause I can't wait much longer. Kanye West, Stronger

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Run rearranging and the death of an ipod

So today I had such grand visions of either a nice long run or doing the infamous "test run" to start preparing for 5th Ave Mile and mini biathlon. It is the same workout I wrote about here, and I will be doing it again very soon, so more detail to come!

Yet, neither happened. I am not sure if it was the sticky weather, my ipod issues (it's all about the great white screen these days), or just burn out? The world may never know.

However, I decided to shift running to tomorrow. Instead I did 30 minutes on the elliptical in the morning and then The Ultimate Video Workout by Kathy Smith in the evening. Love the video, great 1 hour combo of classic aerobics followed by strength and toning done at an aerobic pace. As always with workout videos, I mute the sound and crank the itunes.

So my ipod has been on the fritz for several weeks, today I knew that it was a goner. I do not need a giant shuffle and the white screen was getting old. So planned to go to the Apple Store and pick up the new nano, since the timing couldn't have been better and the price has been lowered to $149--plus I get 10% off for returning my broken one. I figured I would have to suck it up, and find ways to save elsewhere--do my own manicures, brows and spread out my waxings and haircuts to an even more ridiculously protracted time frame.

Fortunately, after having a lovely brunch with a friend a few blocks from my place, we got on the train heading to the city, and I told her that I was going to the mac store, blah, blah, blah. And she said she had an extra nano that she doesn't use anymore because she ran out of room and got a new one. Of course I took her up on her incredible generous offer! I am such a hand me down kid, my blackberry is also a generous hand me down. But hey, I'm generous too, does anyone want a really old magenta razor? haha!

So anyways that was really lucky. Then I had my second amazing dinner of the weekend. And my friend who gave me quite possibly the best cd of all time. I know such kind kind people! More on the tunes Monday!

I have kind of enjoyed the laziness of the weekend so far, nothing crazy planned. After dinner I wandered around Virgin in a very nostalgic way. I used to dorm a couple blocks from Virgin. During finals, whenever I was stressing, I would run to Virgin, listen to a few songs, and run back home to resume studying. Tonight, I listened to more of the Jessica Simpson album...I do love Come On Over. I considered buying My So-Called Life and Laguna Beach Season Two on DVD, but decided to wait and look for better deals. While I was looking at all the TV DVDS, I was thinking about all the great shows I watched in my impressionable youth: Avonlea, Clarissa Explains It All, Daria, the Wonder Years, all so relatable. I swear Clarissa and Clueless played huge parts in shaping my middle school personality. Ah nostalgia, it is so sweet.

Good night everyone.
blog comments powered by Disqus