That that don't kill me, can only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now, cause I can't wait much longer. Kanye West, Stronger

Friday, September 26, 2008

Inspiration, Spring Marathons, Links, Products and More

Here is the usual Thursday mish mosh round up:


Runspiration


Do you want to kill yourself after 30 minutes on the treadmill? Dean Karnanzes recently ran 48 hours and 212 miles on a treadmill. He didn't break the Guinness record, but man!


MOVIE: If you need more inspiration, I highly recommend the Spirit of the Marathon movie, check for local screenings! You don't even have to move, how easy is that?


Top secret announcement--the upcoming NYC Team in Training Chapter will be training for three fabulous Marathons:


Rome Marathon (Run/Walk) - March 22, 2009 - Rome, Italy
Country Music Full & Half Marathon (Run/Walk) - April 25, 2009 - Nashville, TN.
New Jersey Full & Half Marathon (Run/Walk) - May 3, 2009 - Long Branch, NJ



If you live in NYC, I can personally assure you that TNT will make it your marathon experience magical! However, I am sure all chapters of TNT seriously rock, so see if your what your local chapter is training for. If you don't do groups, think outside the box, there are marathons in the most incredible locations: Rome, Paris, The Great Wall Marathon (China), The Polar Circle Marathon (Greenland), The Big Five Marathon (South Africa), just to name a few!


To properly fuel yourself, check out Vital Juice Daily's fall produce picks, replete with some yummy recipes.

PRODUCT FINDS
For some fuel on the run, I just tried a Chia Spice Kardea bar
I am really trying to eat only all natural bars. Ingredients are far more important to me than fiber, fat or calories. Even my beloved Kashi Golean Crunchy Chocolate Caramel bars, have too many weird things (Mechanically Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil?) in them for me to feel good about ingesting them. These were offered to me by Kardea, and after checking out the stats online they seemed to be pretty good. These bars have a few items that seem to be added to punch up the fiber, like psylium husch and chicory root fiber, but overall everything seems like it came from the earth not a factory. Inside they look like nuts and grains stuck together with maple syrup or honey. However, they are not too sticky or too sweet, although I wish the first ingredient wasn't Brown Rice Syrup. And I love that agave, a low GI sweetener was included, as it is expensive for companies to add. Overall 9 grams of sugar is not bad at all, and at modest 150 calories these provide a tasty and satisfying snack perfect for taking the edge off the 4PM hunger call. Despite not being a fan of chai tea--but love cinnamon, these were really good. And not so sweet that they made me crave sweets all afternoon. A keeper.

The Amphipod

I have really been needing something to put stuff in while I run, and I think the Amphipod Micropack Land Sport may be my answer. It clips on to your pant or shorts with just enough storage for your credit cards, id, keys, mp3 player and money. This way I can stop being a bra stuffer...btw metrocards are sweat resistant up to 12 miles :). Most shorts and pants don't have the proper storage for things besides gus and gels, but this looks great for when I don't want to bring my bulky fuel belt!
blog comments powered by Disqus