That that don't kill me, can only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now, cause I can't wait much longer. Kanye West, Stronger

Monday, September 8, 2008

Playlist of the Week: I Love Rock and Roll

While I am a Top 40 workout girl, I have a healthy appreciation for the oldies. My parents are in their 60s, and I inherited my dad's love of the Beach Boys (I've been to 4 concerts), Fleetwood Mac and the Beatles (saw Paul McCartney at Pure Food and Wine).

These are my top picks for tunes to rock your workout, plus a link to a great list of rock workout songs I found online.

Warm up songs:

Start Me Up- The Rolling Stones
Go Your Own Way-Fleetwood Mac

Surfin USA, I Get Around, or Surfin Safari-Beach Boys (your pick)
Tide is High-Blondie
Help, Day Tripper, or Hard Day's Night-The Beatles
Wolly Bully-Sam the Sham (reminds me of Splash)
Run Around-Blues Travelers
Mony Mony-Billy Idol
Me and Bobby McGee-Janis Joplin
Running Down a Dream-Tom Petty
Livin on a Prayer-Bon Jovi
Dude Looks Like a Lady-Aerosmith

Cool Down
Sweet Emotion-Aerosmith
City of Blinding Lights-U2

So Brit didn't perform, but she looked fab! If she wasn't ready to perform, than it is probably best she didn't. In my opinion, Pink had the best performance, and looked pretty hot!

The VMAs were predictably disappointing, but I doubt Gossip Girl will be!

I have so much Fashion Week related gossip. But I'll just share this one little story, as it is semi-health related.

After the marathon, I had gained some weight (which is pretty common based on speaking with my fellow marathon girlfriends). During training my diet had changed and my portions had changed, so to get back on track, I went to Nu-train to see a nutritionist. My nutritionist, Dara Godfrey was this absolutely gorgeous, tall, super-thin woman, with the most amazing clothes. If she wasn't the sweetest, most down-to-earth person, she would have been one of the people I tell myself hasn't eaten a carb in five months. Anyways, the other day, I googled her to see if she had written anything about nutrition lately. I come to find out, she is married to a famous fashion designer (Jay Godfrey), her wedding was announced in the NYTimes Society pages and written up in the NYTimes Wedding Section (super exclusive). So anyways, I thought that was really funny, as I never would have guessed she wasn't a regular (gorgeous) Jane, with a smokin body and fabulous clothes.

PS I have a great workout to share with you tomorrow!
blog comments powered by Disqus