That that don't kill me, can only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now, cause I can't wait much longer. Kanye West, Stronger

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Long Run Recap and Weekly Workout Wrap Up

So 11 miles did not happen! Ooops! I actually slept in until 10:30 today, haven't done that in at least a year. Then I lazed around and watched the soup until I met my friend for brunch at Five Points. Great start to the day!
So I planned to do my run after brunch. I stopped into my office to change into my race ready shorts. I hate wearing spandex in public, but I love the storage space in these things. I could pack for a long weekend in them!!!!!

It was hard to get going midday. I just forgot that my body sent all the blood to my stomach and was using all its energy to digest (which is the most energy consuming process the body does. Thus, you are not hungry when you are sick because your body need the energy to repair you, and doesn't want to waste it on digestion.) So it was a bit hard to run on a full stomach! I like to be empty when I run, even though all through college I worked out after dinner, I guess I'm an oldie now!

I decided to just run for an hour, half an hour out and then run back. The run did get considerable better, I ran from Washington Square Park to the West Side Highway, by four miles in it was pretty nice. I ended up running up to 72nd street and then running back.

So I did 9 miles. The second half way faster than the first. When I get tired of running, I tend to speed it up. The less fun, the faster I run. I was a little disappointed that I didn't do my 11 miles, but I'll try to not beat myself up about it!

I actually had to rush back to see Perez Hilton Takes Over the Universe (or at least the greater LA area) The Musical. Which presented in the NYC Fringe Fest and happened to be directed and choreographed by a kid I went to high school with. Good to see a Shen student make it after all.

Weekly Workout Wrap Up:

Monday: Nada except a lot of walking around the Island

Tuesday: 3 mile jog and 17 mile bike ride.
Wednesday: Nada, suprisingly exhausted from my travels.

Thursday: Again nada, still so tired.

Friday: 30 minute morning elliptical, post-work workout (totally didn't want to go, but I did and felt awesome after). 30 minutes elliptical and full arm workout and 3 sets of 12 reps on all 6 leg machines.

Sat: 4 mile run and the Fitnessista Workout #1 3 sets of 12 reps with 7.5 lb weights, should have done heavier! She does a great job with the description and photos!

Sunday: 9 mile run

Pretty light week and I have plans every day for the next two weeks, so I am not sure what the next few weeks will look like! But I am not complaining; I am definitely not cool enough to ever complain about too many plans! I look forward to all of them :)

Now I am watching the VMAs instead of studying. I hope Brit performs!
blog comments powered by Disqus