That that don't kill me, can only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now, cause I can't wait much longer. Kanye West, Stronger

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Weekly Workout Wrap Up

Hi Everyone!

This is going to be quick because I want to get to the beach!

Monday: 30 minute elliptical, 10 minute rower+full body strength workout

2 sets of 12
-lunges with over head presses
-plie squat with upright row
-back lunges with curls
-squat and tricep extension
-leg press, in wide, legs together, plie and calve raise positions
-ad ductor abductor machine
and
-lots of abs: ball crunches, reverse ball crunches alternating push up and reverse crunch, planks, and crunches on incline bench

Tuesday: 30/60/90 Workout and 25 minutes on elliptical
Wednesday: 2 mile walk to work, 5 mile tempo run
Thursday: 20 minute elliptical and 10 on rower, ran out of time!
Friday: 3.5 mile run @ tempo pace because I had to fit it in before we hit the road, my parents would definitely leave without me!)
1 hour beach walk
Sat: 6.3 mile run and beach sprints (2 minutes x 4)
Sun: 10 mile run
2 hour kayak and mini golf planned

The run was really rough, I had to call in the big guns: Advice from my friend and stellar runner, Greg, "when I run and it's hard, all I think about is the next step. When it's really hard, I run harder to get beyond the pain." A bit extreme, but breaking it down to the next steps makes running manageable.

10 % of my less than fabulous feeling run was due to too much running. I almost never run 2 days in a row or more than 3 days a week, even when marathon training. For a couple reasons, a-I get bored of it
b-I have never been injured and I never want to be. Running is really hard on the body, so I am happy to integrate spinning, elliptical and classes into my workout regimen to maintain fitness and give my body a break from running. No more running for at least 2 days!

The other 90% was because when I woke up my ipod would turn on but the screen was completely white. WFT?!!!!!!!!!!! So it was basically like a giant shuffle, which is no good when you have random stuff like, Now That's What I Call Christmas on your ipod.

So I had a hard time getting past my ipod heartbreak. I am more obsessed with my ipod than is logical; I go no where without it. I heart it beyond words. And I do not want to replace it! Okay, sorry for the rant, but let's just say this was not me:
blog comments powered by Disqus