That that don't kill me, can only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now, cause I can't wait much longer. Kanye West, Stronger

Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Workout Wrap-up

Saturday:

Feeling super lazy from too little sleep on Friday (and maybe a few too many martinis).

I did a super lazy 30 minutes on the elliptical. All day I was super hungry, but actually probably just tired. In the afternoon I got around to half-heartedly doing the leg and ab exercises that David Kirsch suggests in the current issue of Glamour.

Sunday:
I went out for a great run. I wanted to run around Roosevelt Island, but I some how ran right over the entrance to the massive bridge, and ended up at Socrates Sculpture Park. So I turned around, located the bridge and ran around Roosevelt Island before heading home. It was a great run, one of those where I felt I could run forever. I think it was about 6 miles. Last time I ran to Roosevelt Island it was kind of a disaster, so this was a pleasant change of pace!

Later that day I went to Jivamukti for a yoga class. It was pretty awesome. Much better than the last class I posted on. It was not vigorous, but the instructor was AWESOME. He used this great gel and the beginning and end of class that made my body relaxed and tingly. It actually kind of felt like icy hot, but I pretty sure it was something else. He also kept adjusting me in ways that made my body feel amazing. I left feeling super relaxed and my spine felt so much longer!

0 comments: