That that don't kill me, can only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now, cause I can't wait much longer. Kanye West, Stronger

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekly Workout Wrap Up

The week flew by! This weekend was especially busy with parties, catching up with people for lunch, coffee, shopping and dinner. Somehow I managed to fit in workouts here and there, my week looked something like:

Monday: 20 minutes pilates/ab work first thing in the morning--well after I turned on VH1 morning jumpstart which is the FIRST thing I do in the morning.
Evening: 1 hour cardio, 30 treadmill, 30 elliptical

Tuesday: 45 minute workout video.

Wednesday: 30 minutes on the elliptical at lunch, really easy, just let myself daydream away about pretty much everything.

Afterwork: 35 minute hard treadmill run, 15 minute elliptical, ab workout from Women's Health Magazine pullout booklet. This one required a lot of balance and coordination, I definitely flew off the ball a few times. Fortunately, at the gym I have no shame!

Thursday: No formal working out, but I did walk about 120 blocks in the city throughout the day, which is roughly 6 miles.

Friday: Nada--although getting ready to go out was a marathon event :)

Saturday: Treated myself to a great class at Physique 57, then strolled from 57th street down to 14th street to meet up with a friend.

Sunday: Spinning class and Awesome Abs and Butt at Monqi Fitness (I almost didn't make it because I had to get up at 7am, but I knew I had to review. Thanks for keeping me accountable guys!)

Not too bad. I really need to start training for the half, so I am going to try to step it up with the running. So long runs every weekend, starting at 6-7 miles, plus a tempo run once a week, and interval once a week, and maybe a 5 miler. Plus, my usual power 1 1/2 hour workouts with the boys twice a week, and at least one yoga class and strength session a week.

That's the plan. If only I had as much discipline with my diet haha!

0 comments: