That that don't kill me, can only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now, cause I can't wait much longer. Kanye West, Stronger

Monday, March 24, 2008

Rock Your Body Challenge: Just for Fun



I remember totally wanting Britney's abs in high school. In honor of Britney's (questionable) appearance on How I Met Your Mother tonight--I just started watching the show last week--I have made her the official poster girl of this week's Rock Your Body Challenge.


This week I challenge you to break out of your single intensity rut, and throw some fun high intensity intervals into your workout.

This is my favorite way to do intervals or get through a boring run on the treadmill: use the pace of the song and sprint/push harder through the chorus.


Beforehand you'll have to prepare a playlist with songs that speed up and slowdown, and maybe have a few slow ones in between for recovery. If you push as hard as you can through the choruses, you should not be able to do more than 15 minutes, so you get a super effective workout in the least time possible. I also love that you can do this anywhere or on any machine because you don't have to get caught up in exact times, distances or intensity levels.


Just push yourself as hard as you can and enjoy your favorite songs!


Almost any song will work, but here are a couple ideas to get you started:
Rockafeller Skank-Fatboy Slim
I Believe in a Thing Called Love-The Darkness
Lose Yourself-Eminem


Start out with a moderate 5-10 minute warm up, do your song interval workout, cool down at an easy pace for 5-10 minute. You rock!
This post is refusing to format correctly--sorry that it all runs together!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

that DOES sound like a fun, energizing workout!!

haha, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Britney's appearance on 'How I Met Your Mother' - guilty as charged! ;0) should be quite interesting...

I'm finally catching up on some blogs - I just read your lovely post about meeting up in NYC! love it :0)

Anonymous said...

I do interval cardio workouts based on the pace of songs too. It's fun, and you don't have to do the timing yourself.