That that don't kill me, can only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now, cause I can't wait much longer. Kanye West, Stronger

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Extreme (weather) conditioning

My boss happened to ask me this week if I trained in rain and snow and cold. I said not really, I bought some cold weather running clothes. On a side note, I finally broke down and bought spandex tights. They are amazing and lined with the thinnest fleece, so they really keep you cozy. They were $50 from nike. I also got a running long sleeved skirt and jacket for a total of $25 on sale at Dicks. They are some brand I've never heard, but boy do they keep me warm and dry. I have to say, if you buy it, you will run! I never would be running outside without my new gear; it makes me feel like a runner. As unflattering as spandex may seem, it does hold a lot in :)

But if it is too cold, I just go to the gym. So today I was at the gym, and as I am running on the treadmill, I am looking out the window seeing the rain come down harder and harder! They the snow joins it. I wasn't sure what to do so I just kept running.

I actually didn't workout at all yesterday, so I was really happy to get some exercise in. My mood and energy are way up. By the time I left it was snowing way more than raining, so I was only slightly damp when I got home!

Keep moving!

0 comments: